Call for Papers for AIUCD 2017 Conference
Call for Papers
The Reverse Telescope:
Big Data and Distant Reading in the Humanities
Roma, 26-28 January 2017
The Associazione per l’Informatica Umanistica e le Culture Digitali (AIUCD) is pleased to announce AIUCD 2017 - The Reverse Telescope: Big Data and Distant Reading in the Humanities, the 6th edition of its Annual Conference, and invites all interested scholars to submit proposals.
The Conference will be held in Rome from 26th to 28th January 2017 and is organized by the DigiLab (of the Università di Roma "La Sapienza") in collaboration with the Marie Curie Network DiXiT (Digital Scholarly Editions Initial Training).
The Conference will be preceded by the DiXiT Workshop "The educational and social impact of Digital Scholarly Editions" and will also host the EADH Day, the 3rd edition of the Annual Symposium of the European Association for the Digital Humanities (EADH), scheduled for 25th January 2017.
The venue of the Conference and of the two satellite events will be the Università di Roma "La Sapienza" (Palazzo delle ex Vetrerie Sciarra, Via dei Volsci 122, Roma).
For further information it is possible to visit the Conference Web site.
The deadline for the AIUCD 2017 paper submission has been extended from 15/11/2016 to 27/11/2016.
The deadline for the DiXiT Workshop proposal submission has been extended from 10/12/2016 to 15/12/2016.
International Program Committee
- Fabio Ciotti (Chair) – Università di Roma "Tor Vergata"
- Gianfranco Crupi (Co-chair and Local Organizer) – Università di Roma "La Sapienza"
- Stefano Asperti – Università di Roma "La Sapienza"
- Marina Buzzoni – Università "Ca’ Foscari" Venezia
- Franz Fischer – Universität zu KölnMariella Guercio – Università di Roma "La Sapienza"
- Tiziana Mancinelli – Universität zu Köln
- Cristina Marras – CNR-ILIESI
- Monica Monachini – CNR-ILC
- Elena Pierazzo – Université Grenoble Alpes
- Massimo Riva – Brown University
- Geoffrey Rockwell – University of Alberta
- Francesco Stella – Università di Siena
- Francesca Tomasi – Università di Bologna